Friday 6 May 2016

Eco Friendly Art

Happy Friday Everyone!
Today it's Denisa sharing her new piece that is just the essence of creativity being understood as noticing beauty in ordinary...You will love what Denisa did with some quite unexpected "product" from outside her window. ;)

And speaking of creativity... Tomorrow we are celebrating International Scrapbooking Day and there are some pretty exciting things waiting for you... :)
My Team and I will talk about what creativity means for us, there will be brand new artworks, tons of inspiration, me broadcasting live from my brand new studio for the first time (hurrah!), a challenge with prizes and more...
Check the Prima blog tomorrow (here's the full fun schedule), visit us here on the blog on Saturday and keep an eye on my fb page not to miss anything - we're starting the celebration on Saturday 6th at 7 am ET - see you there!!!


Hello, crafty folks! It´s Denisa here today starting with a question:
Have you noticed the awesome craft paper that comes with the large Finnabair´s stamp sets and stencils? Believe me, it´s worth the attention.
Since I´m storing the fabulous stamps in stiff plastic bags, I´ve got lots of these heavy weight papers that are perfect for any mixed media madness. So let´s recycle and do some magic!
I made an art journal spread on one of these yummy goodies.


I started by applying a thin coat of Clear Gesso.
When dry, I covered the surface with Heavy White Gesso but not the entire area.


I let it dry and did some random stamping with black Archival ink.
Then I did some texture work using my fave Harlequin stencil and Opaque Matte Modeling Paste.


I let it dry and went for the colors. I sprayed the surface with dark violet and grey sprays and Lipstick  Mica Powder mixed with water.
I let it dry and added some more stamping using my fave sentiments.


I wanted a grungy look so I grabbed a piece of an old wire and formed a kind of roundish frame. I attached it to the paper using Mechanicals.
Then I painted the wire with the awesome Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint in Metallique Black Berry.


When dry I started to build up my cluster. I used a round vintage pic of a lady holding her baby. I glued it into the wire frame and then I looked out of my window and suddenly saw small dark purple budding leaves - just the colour I needed. :)
I picked some and glued them around the photo. Next I painted them using the same Mica Powder as I used before.


Then I went through my chippie stash and found a perfect chippie twig. I painted it with Metallique Black Berry Acrylic, let it dry and glued under the photo.
Then I needed to add more depth around the pic. I went for dark violet spray, Berry Micro Beads and Pitch Black Glass Glitter.


I glued one of Melange Art Pebbles on the baby´s face. Just one more Roman Numeral from Mechanicals down on the photo, a bit of chevron washi tape and a sentiment.
Now the white splashes all over as the final touch and the work´s done.




Hope you enjoyed my recycled project as I did. Now just take a look around and see what magic you can do using just the ordinary everyday items.
Happy crafting!

Products used:


3 comments:

MakaArt said...

Stunner! Wonderful work! ❤

Irene Wijnands Porebski said...

Beautiful art :)

Chris E said...

What an Incredible work of art... LOVE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...